Monday, October 1, 2012

2012 Autumnal Equinox Ritual Attendance

I attended the our local Grove's Autumnal Equinox Ritual this past weekend.  As with previous rituals this gathering was on property owned by my family.  It was written by our grove organizer and was in ADF Core Order.

There were several folks in attendance who has not been at rituals recently and this added to the generally festive mood.  We honored the Vedic pantheon and I recited the Statement of Purpose.  This was the first time I saw what happens when someone offers whiskey to the fire - what a show!  My daughters were very impressed.  Fresh patchouli clippings were also offered to the fire and the smell was heavenly!  It ended up being a very sensual ritual.

During the ritual I found myself pondering the conundrum of whether we are addressing gods known by different names in different cultures, or whether they are distinct deities all together.  I actually think about this often and typically come to the conclusion that they are separate (though related) deities, but it is our practices and beliefs that have fractured them into separate entities. 

No comments:

Post a Comment